Monday, 1 August 2011

Forgive me father for I have sinned.





Now before we start this whole thing, let me just say I feel I have a confession to make 
My name is Rowen and I've had a long love affair with our sittingroom sofa. We go way back..   

Being a former University student has taught me some very important lessons: how to make instant noodles, where the best kebab huts are, and to NEVER think that 80p tequila shots are EVER a good idea!!


As I approach my mid twenties, these bad habits stick like glue. I will quite happily munch my way through a Big Mac and fries and finish it off with a dessert of pure nicotine. I think nothing of bunging a ready meal in the microwave after a busy day. My breakfast consists of no whole or grain, think more coffee and black, and let’s be totally frank here, I have no idea what a Goji berry is.

So (sigh) I guess it's about time I get off my lazy arse, turn off the late night re-runs of Sex and the City, put down the ‘Glamour' magazine, pick up the Runner's World, stub out the cigarette and well...... just run.

Let’s go.

“Success isn't how far you got, but the distance you travelled from where you started.”

1 comment:

  1. Brilliant! ;) I completely understand where your coming from!!!
    After 3 pregnancy....and gaining 95-100lbs with EACH pregnancy...the daunting reality of LOSING it all is well..um...daunting ;)!
    I think your mindset is correct though. Really, all one has to do, is get up, and DO it! That's how I started running. One day, I decided to, and I did. Loved it ever since ;)! Thanks for the laugh!
    visit me @ http://notyouraveragerunningmom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete